Ten Questions to Ask Yourself before Turning in your final Crucible Essay:
1. How does this sound when I read it out loud? Do I use the passive voice, repetitive phrase, etc?
2. Do I have the correct MLA Format heading?
Subject (English II Honors)
3. Do I have a title which is a phrase, not a single word? (Subtitle is optional.)
4. Does my introduction paragraph avoid beginning with an "8th grade" opening line?
5. Does my introduction paragraph end with my thesis statement? Is that thesis clear?
6. Do my body paragraphs begin and end with some kind of topic sentence?
7. Does my conclusion answer the question, "So What?"
8. Do I introduce and explain all 8 of my quotations?
9. Did I include a secondary source, using with at least two quotations?
10. Did I add a works cited page with The Crucible and my secondary sources? See www.easybib.com...
Mr. Justin Biggs